Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Modesty…

This week,  I’ve been preparing for our YW’s activity. Our topic is modesty. I found a quote that really spoke to me and I wanted to share it. 

“Modesty is at the center of being pure and chaste, both in thought and deed.  Thus, because it guides and influences our thoughts, behavior and decisions, modesty is at the core of our character.  Our clothing is more than just covering for our bodies; it reflects who we are and what we want to be. When we know who we are—Children of God—and understand that our outward appearance affects our inward spirituality and ultimately our behavior, we show respect for God,  for ourselves, and for those around us by being modest in dress and behavior”.      Robert D. Hales

 

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

What a wonderful quote. I hope the girls in our ward get to hear it. They could really use it. Actually, so could their mothers! ;)

Chris's world said...

I loved this quote the moment I heard it and laid eyes on it in print. This is something each of us needs to hear. It's all about attitude. We need to do more than 'talk the talk and to walk the walk'. Walking the walk means to place our commitment in action.
We show our commitment and true devotion by our apparel. We are willing to stand apart from the world and allow our inward beauty to make the statement!