It was nine years ago today that Austin and I were on our way to preschool with not a care in the world. I happened to be listening to the radio and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I honestly thought this was the “end” happening. The nightmare seemed to be getting worse as I continued to hear about more planes crashing, people loosing the lives and chaos in the streets. Many lives were taken that day. Today, I’m so grateful to have my freedom and most importantly to have my family. Life will never be the same for any of us because of what happened that day.
1 comment:
I remember that day all too well. I was watching the today show and they stopped the interview and went live. They were at the scene within minutes. I remember thinking it was too surreal. Then the second plane went through the tower. I panicked. My first thought was that they would send troops to the scene or overseas. I remember trying to reach Tony on the base. All of the telephone lines were out. The base had shut down. No entries under ANY circumstances. It also meant no one could leave. I kept remembering the Gulf War. When Tony's squadron went to work that morning, they had no idea that they wouldn't be coming home for several months. They were the first ones on the scene setting up communication for the battle yet to come. The wives were simply notified by a phone call that they husbands would contact them at some time in the future. Information about their whereabouts or safety was non existent.
Needless to say, when 911 happened, I became selfish and wondered if my husband would be sent away immediately without so much as a goodbye. It was terrifying.
Once I was able to speak to him and confirm that he would be staying state side, I could then start to feel for all of the people and the trauma that would ensue their lives due to the selfish acts of those men and their radical beliefs. My mind still can't comprehend the complete loss and devestation the families of the victims went through. I feel for those who survived and lived to tell the horrifying tales. It will forever be something no one will ever forget.
Post a Comment