Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's almost FRIDAY!!!!!




This is one of my latest finds. Kirlands was having a sale and of course I went in and found this beauty. I love it!!! It's amazing how the look of one lamp can change a room. I originally was looking all around for a floor lamp to go by Michael's chair. I was unhappy with the seating arrangement in the living room and wanted to add more seating. I brought in my Goodwill chairs and placed my little round table in between the chairs. I thought a floor lamp would solve the lighting problem over by his chair. To make a long story short.....At Target the other day, I found a floor lamp that I liked but the shade was RED, not sold on it but got it anyway. I thought replacing the shade would be easy (I was WRONG!!). Then, after going to Kirklands and seeing their sell, I was able to get two lamps for the price of the one I paid at Target. Of course, I immediatly took that lamp back to Target and now I'm pleased with the outcome.

Today has been filled with many errands. For starters, I had to the take the car back to the repair shop to get my windshield fixed once again. When I picked it up this afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised that they actually did fix the problem. HEEHAW!!! This evening after dinner, Michael and I hurried outside to get the lawn mowed before it rained. The sky was dark and the wind was starting to blow. We felt it was a matter of time before the sky opened up and the rain began to fall. We hurried as fast as we could and wouldn't you know, it didn't rain one drop. Oh well, the lawn got mowed, right?

I'm so excited to go to Canton tomorrow!!!! I'm really not looking for anything special. It's just always fun to go. Tomorrow afternoon, after the kids get home from school, we are headed to Shreveport. Nana, is taking Austin and Abbie to Amber's football game. She is cheering and they wanted watch the game and see Amber cheer. I plan on visiting with mother and Alan. We don't have to do one thing. I just want to take a break and relax. Michael should be joining us in Louisiana on Sunday morning. We are going over to his mom's for the holiday and visit with his siblings. It will just be nice to get aways and regroup. Now, I'm off to pack and prepare for the night. Maybe, I'll have some finds to show you soon.

No comments: