Today has been one busy day. I went into town to have lunch with Michael(our date for the week). Once I dropped him off, I went shopping looking for a gift for a friend and had a hard time trying to find the "right" gift. Finally, I found it and rushed to the schools to pick up the kids. They started "Hoopster's" today. This is a group where the coach teaches the kids the fundamentals of the game. Today they worked on dribbling (mind you this was one hour). There are almost seventy kids who have joined. I was shocked that many kids signed up. They make a circle around the gym and work on skills. It was amazing to watch. This coach is just awesome. I really think Abbie doesn't have a clue. Austin seems excited about the opportunity. I ended up waiting for the kids and finally getting to come home for ten minutes only to leave again to take Austin to scouts. Of course, I stayed for YW right after that. I finally got home around 8:45pm. Tonight, for young women's we went and visited a few "older" sister's. The girls asked them questions about when they were young. It was really a great evening visiting with them. When we walked in the retirement home, there were these ball gowns with their crowns, shoes, jewelry, etc (about four of them in all). Come to find out, these were actual gowns that former Rose Queen's wore to the ball. This past weekend they kicked off the Texas Rose Festivities. It's a big deal here in Tyler (home of roses). So, I took pictures with my iphone to display at a later date for the girls. I'll post some so you can check them out. I'm off to bed after a long day. Sweet dreams.......
3 comments:
What a busy evening!
DANA! I found you through Tiffany's blog comments! I hope that is ok! I love your post! You are an amazing woman and mother!!!
Ok, big 'D'....what happened to your blog?!?!?? I go to your site EVERYDAY and check to see if there is anything new...and what do I see???? It's been like two months since any new entry...tsk, tsk, tsk...you hook Charlotte and I up to the blogging world and then you leave us high and dry!!! :)
Update already!!!
Love you..and I'll admit it ( I have to take the lead. I am the older sister, after all) that I do miss you on occaison!
Chris
Post a Comment